Privacy Protection Policy
To our users: Taitung County Government wants you to know that we take an active interest in safeguarding your personal information. To help you understand how our website collects, receives, and safeguards your personal information, please carefully read the contents of the Taitung County Government Website Privacy and Security Policy. This policy will allow you to understand the principles and guidelines regarding how we collect, receive, and safeguard the personal information of users who access the services provided by the Taitung County Government website and its affiliated websites.
Scope of Policy
The Website Privacy and Security Policy is applicable for collecting, receiving, and safeguarding your personal information while accessing services provided by the Taitung County Government website and its affiliated websites (in principle, the network comprising of tt-free.taitung.gov.tw, hereafter referred to as “TTCG websites”). The Taitung County Government policy shall prevail whenever there is any discrepancy between Taitung County Government policy and all other affiliate website policies. However, this policy does not apply to websites linked through search results or links on the TTCG websites. The privacy policies of these individual sites on collecting, receiving, and safeguarding of your personal information are not the responsibility of the TTCG websites.
Personal Information and Other Data Collection
We collect the personal information of users through the following uses:
- Subscription to Newsletters: When you wish to obtain the TTCG’s information updates via email, you must correctly enter your email address, gender, and other information to subscribe to these services. Based on operational needs, we will preserve the information you have entered, and provide the options of unsubscribing or making changes to the services.
- Browsing the Websites: Taitung County Government maintains a record of the log created by the servers when users browse the websites or conduct searches. Information on this log includes user IP, browsing profile, and content tracking. Taitung County Government will track individual user information to acquire data on overall user activity within the TTCG websites. Unless users voluntarily provide personal information, the TTCG websites cannot and will not use the records obtained through aggregated non-personal information to analyze the behavior of individual users.
- Others: In addition to the personal information entered by users to log onto the TTCG websites, it is also possible that users may have provided their personal information (such as emails and names) in public discussion and bulletin boards. Personal information provided in this manner is not covered by the privacy protection policy of the TTCG websites. Furthermore, we will retain records of all communications from users who contact the TTCG via email or via other communication channels.
- To provide better and more personalized services: Cookies allow for personalized interaction between the website and the user, by facilitating the process of logging in and out of the website, as well as making customary adjustments
- To collect demographic and profile data for analysis: The data collected will be used for measuring website access to improve the services we provide
- To keep track of the number of access and participation in promotional activities: In the process of distributing newsletters or organizing promotional activities, there are cases when cookies will be placed to keep track of the degree of user participation and other relevant data
Use of Personal Data
The TTCG websites do not sell, rent, nor exchange any of your personal information with other organizations or individuals. Only in the below-listed situations will the TTCG websites provide your personal information to third parties under the policy guidelines.
- Online activities and surveys: The respondent’s name and ID number will only be used as basic information in prize-drawing activities on the TTCG website. The phone number and email address provided will be used to notify the participant of results; this data will not be used for any other purposes. Other information provided by users will be limited to service analysis. With the exception of specific consent from users, all mentioned data acquired by the TTCG websites will be used solely for the purpose of data analysis of web traffic.
- Statistic and Analysis: The TTCG websites will, from time to time, commission internal departments or academic institutions to conduct research on issues including the number of users, interest, and behaviors based on registration, survey response, promotional activities, and server login entry. All public information and analysis reports target the general behavior of overall users, and will not attempt to analyze the behavior of individual users.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The TTCG website does not sell, exchange, or rent your personal information with other organizations or individuals. Only under the following circumstances and guidelines will we share your personal information with third parties.
- To provide you with additional services or benefits: In circumstances where sharing your personal information with third parties is necessary to provide additional services or benefits, the TTCG websites will provide detailed explanations during the activity, and will notify you before collecting any information. You may choose whether to accept or not the additional services or benefits.
- Others: The Taitung County Government website has the responsibility to safeguard the privacy and personal information of its users. We will not edit, delete, or provide your personal information and data without your prior consent, with the exception of the following situations:
- Information requested by judicial authorities of the ROC government granted through legal processes
- In violation of website regulations creating valid threats
- In the interest of extending government website services
- To safeguard the legal rights of other users
Network and Information Security Policy
As the safety of data transfer through the Internet cannot be 100% guaranteed, the TTCG websites nonetheless strive to keep user information safe. There are situations where SSL technology is employed to safeguard data transmissions. As the safety of data transfer is also determined by the security of the Internet environment of the end-user, we cannot guarantee that all data transmissions between the TTCG websites and the end user are ever completely secure. Users should know this and bear the risk of data transfer via the Internet.
Users who disclose their personal information, such as email address and name at public sections of the website (such as the forum) should realize that data disclosed in this manner can be collected and used by others. You are not required to reveal your personal information in these sections if you do not wish to expose yourself to such risks. If you disclose your personal information in public sections where information could be accessed by others, there is a chance that you will receive advertisements or spams from other organizations. Please realize that these consequences are not within the control of the TTCG websites, and we will not bear any responsibility for it.
Amending Privacy and Information Security Policy
The TTCG websites will amend and update these policies from time to time to adhere to the latest privacy safeguarding measures. The announcements will be posted on the website to notify users of major changes to the guidelines on how we utilize personal information.